1. If the photographer, Ian Leatherwood, cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to an emergency, casualty, injury, acts of God or nature or terror or other cause beyond the control of the parties due to further liability with respect to this agreement no liability will be held to Ian Leatherwood Photography. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in mail, or otherwise lost or damaged with fault on the part of the photographer. Client(s) agree that an entire wedding cannot be replicated, reenacted or repeated for the purpose of a re-shoot and limits Ian Leatherwood Photography liability to the amount paid under this contract.
2. In the event of an extenuating circumstance on Ian Leatherwood Photography’s part, Ian Leatherwood Photography will find and hire an alternative photographer or reimburse the full amount paid to the customer, including the retainer fee. Ian Leatherwood Photography will not be held liable for services not rendered. To receive a full refund, Ian Leatherwood Photography must be notified 45 days before the wedding day; if not, Ian Leatherwood Photography will get to keep everything that has been paid for up until that point. Ian Leatherwood Photography also has 90 days to refund the money upon receiving notification that the wedding was cancelled.
3. On signing of this agreement by both parties hereto, Ian Leatherwood Photography will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific time frame.
4. A 20% retainer is needed to secure your date and time of wedding. The 20% retainer is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or date change. The 20% retainer covers the time spent coordinating pre wedding arrangements and securing a date which would otherwise be unavailable to other clients. The retainer will be applied towards the total amount billed. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the wedding date.
5. The amount agreed upon covers the photographer’s time, talent, proofing and editing. It also cannot be changed or altered by any means.
6. The contract is based on Ian Leatherwood Photography’s current pricing at the time of booking. The price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. (Applies to all product orders and collections.)
7. It is understood that Ian Leatherwood Photography is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this contract. No other photographer is allowed to take photos at the wedding or engagement session unless express permission is given by Ian Leatherwood Photography.
8. Ian Leatherwood Photography will choose the best images from the engagement session (if applicable) and the wedding day. Ian Leatherwood Photography does not show un-edited images, nor involve the clients in the process of choosing which images will be chosen for the final gallery. Ian Leatherwood Photography spends a great deal of time going through each image individually. Please rest assured that Ian Leatherwood will only show you the BEST of the BEST and any images that are unappealing (i.e. eyes closed, unflattering facial expressions and most definitely, any images that do not meet Ian Leatherwood’s high professional standards will get deleted immediately).
9. The wedding images will be displayed in an online gallery within 4-6 weeks of your wedding day. The online gallery will be available for 6 weeks. If you wish to order prints then ordering should be completed in that time frame, ($25.00 will be charged for each additional week you request the gallery to remain available).
10. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of prints and 3-4 weeks for all custom products such as albums and canvases.
11. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of print release USB after the online gallery has been posted.
12. Two plates of food must be provided at the reception for the photographer and assistant if requested.
13. An itinerary must be provided to the photographer before the wedding or a timeline should be discussed and created between the Client and Ian Leatherwood.
14. If the wedding is located 2 hours or more away from Wilmington, NC then a hotel room must be booked and paid for by the Client for Ian Leatherwood Photography.
15. Ian Leatherwood Photography grants an exclusive, limited license to print, publicize and download ALL photos provided by Ian Leatherwood Photography. Stated below will be the only exclusions that are not permitted.
No use in Trademark or Logo. Client(s) will not use the photos in any trademark, design, logo or any other mark.
No altercations. Client(s) will not alter the photos without prior written permission of Ian Leatherwood Photography.
No sublicense. Client(s) will not sublicense the photos without prior written permission of Ian Leatherwood Photography.
16. Ian Leatherwood Photography WILL NOT publicize ANY images unless given written permission by the client(s). If you wish to have a private gallery, a passcode can be provided to ensure the gallery is kept confidential.
Please put N/A or 0 if fields do not apply.